Join KMHCA Today!
The mission of the KMHCA and its membership is to enhance the profession of mental health counseling in the Commonwealth of Kentucky by promoting licensing, advocacy, education and professional development.
To carry out its mission, the association will strive to:
- Promote quality mental health counseling services,
- Maintain a viable and distinct professional identity,
- Influence public policy consistent with the ethics and values of the mental health profession in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Advance the profession of mental health counseling by emphasizing high levels of ethical and professional practice
- Promote legislation and administrative rules that recognize and advance the profession of mental health counseling
- Promote a program of effective public relations to enhance awareness of mental health counseling and the competencies and services of its practitioners
- Provide advocacy with insurance companies for contract language that protects licensed mental health counselors and their clients
- Provide educational programs that enhance knowledge and promote continuing professional growth
- Provide opportunities for networking among members for professional development
To enroll as a member of KMHCA, please download and complete the membership application and return it with your payment to:
Sarah Hurt, Treasurer
Kentucky Mental Health Counselors Association
PO Box 2234
Danville, KY 40423
All LPCCs, LPCAs, and other professionals working in a mental health field
All retired LPCCs and other mental health professionals
Open to all graduate students in mental health studies
All LPCCs who have served 25 years or more in a mental health career